In Episode nine we discuss divorce and remarriage in the Bible with Cindy Burrell of hurtbylove.com. Can Christians get divorced and remarried? What does the Bible actually say about this important issue? And why is this information not widely understood?
You can listen to this podcast (below), watch this episode on YouTube (also below), or READ the transcript (also below!)
If you enjoy this episode and want to learn more, consider joining the Flying Free education and support group the next time it opens up. Cindy has a workshop in there that goes into great detail about how the Bible actually addresses divorce and remarriage in the church. When you join you will have instant access to that workshop along with all other past expert workshops. Learn more about this opportunity to learn, grow, and heal HERE.
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THE PODCAST AUDIO:
Cindy Burrell is a survivor of a 20-year marriage to a verbal and emotional abuser and co-owner of a web-based ministry to women in abusive relationships known as Hurtbylove.com.
Since its creation in 2009, Hurtbylove has impacted the lives of tens of thousands of women in at least 42 countries. She has authored several books, which include:
- Why Is He So Mean to Me?
- God Is My Witness: Making a Case for Biblical Divorce
- An Extraordinary Ordinary Life: A Testimony of God’s Faithfulness
In addition to her books and outreach, Cindy has written an array of articles which are available from her website which serve to validate, educate and empower abuse victims. She also provides one-on-one personal coaching on issues relating to abuse, both in person and by phone.
Cindy is also rated a Platinum Adept Expert Author on E-Zines.com. Cindy retired in 2014 after serving 32 years as a professional writer/editor and Legislative Aide for various members of the California State Legislature. She is married to Douglas Burrell, the mother of four adult children and resides in Oregon.
You can follow Cindy on Facebook HERE.
The book Cindy mentions in the Podcast is Divorce: A Gift of God’s Love by Walter Callison.
And here are some of her articles you may be interested in that relate to today’s subject:
Browse other life-renewing podcast episodes HERE.
Help spread the word about this podcast! Leave a review on iTunes by following these instructions:
- Launch Apple’s podcast app on your phone or iPad.
- Tap the Search tab and enter the name of this podcast: Flying Free. Hit “Search.”
- Tap on the album art for this podcast (see above.)
- Tap the Reviews tab.
- Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
- Enter your iTunes password to login if you aren’t already logged in.
- Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
- Share the podcast via iTunes, or just share the link to this episode on your favorite social media platform.