Why Hanging on to Hope in an Emotionally Abusive Relationship Doesn’t Work
“Till death do us part.” Those words haunt you.
The enemy was supposed to be outside your home and family. Easy to see. Protection just a prayer or a locked door away.
But the one stealing from and killing and destroying you is the one you lie beside at night. The one you promised your forever to.
And he’s counting on it.
You need to listen if:
- You’re overcome with desperation to leave and consumed by guilt to stay
- Your husband is the greatest source of pain and harm in your life
- You are responsible for everything, and you are constantly sacrificing your physical health, life dreams, and sanity to make your marriage work (to no avail)
- You’ve begun to wonder just how much of his behavior is intentional and whether he truly wants to destroy you, piece by piece
- Friedman’s Fables by Edwin H. Friedman
- Want to learn HOW to let go? Join the Flying Free Sisterhood. It’s transformed hundreds of abused women’s lives.
- Want freedom from the guilt and compulsion that rule you? Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend is a great place to start
Got questions? I’d love to answer them on the Flying Free podcast!
Don’t miss a single, juicy episode. Sign up to get an update every time I post a new one.
If you LOVED an episode, take a few seconds to submit a review. Reviews make the podcast more visible, so I can help more people.