When Lynn, a widow and registered nurse, met her abuser for the first time, she thought he was a safe bet. Who could be safer than a pastor and former missionary? But once he had her hooked in, he tore down her dignity and identity through shaming and neglect. Lynn shares her long journey of waking up to the shocking reality that even religious leaders can be wolves in sheep’s clothing.
- Find out what abusive spiritual leaders do when they counsel other abusers.
- Learn about some of the more subtle kinds of domestic abuse.
- Discover the key all survivors need to have to unlock the door of their prison.
Here are links to the resources mentioned in this episode:
- Cherished by Polly Hamp
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans
- The Emotionally Destructive Marriage by Leslie Vernick
- Give Her Wings Academy
- Is It Me? Book Studies
Click to Play:
Do you have a question related to emotional or spiritual abuse that you’d like answered on the Flying Free podcast? Head over HERE!
I’m so grateful my book and podcast spoke directly to the heart of your situation, anonnov! Thanks for leaving a rating and review on iTunes!
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed yet to the Flying Free podcast? If not, why not do that today? It’s easy! Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
If you’ve got a few extra seconds, I’d love it if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find this podcast and they’re also fun to read! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you like best about this podcast. Thank you!